- Frame: Metal
- Tire: Rubber; 12 inches
- Weight Capability: 75 pounds
- Weight: 11.2 lbs.
- Wheel Kind: Air
- Adjustable Handlebars: 18.75 — 22.5 inches
- Adjustable seat: 14 inches to 17.5 inches
- Dimensions: 33 × 4.75 × 22. 5 (L x W × H)
Features of the KaZAM Balance Bike
At first, you may think this is not a wise choice because the KaZAM is usually $20-$40 more than the competition. But I began to realize why KaZAM bike tends to cost more when one member in single mom club show me the video her 3-year-old girl riding on a KaZAM. FOOTRESTS! Yes, I’ve never thought that footrests play a huge role in balance bike design, but they really do. Children can lift their feet up naturally and position them on to the footrest, which maintains balance and center of gravity. Giving kiddos a place to rest their feet encourages them to coast and learn to balance. Some people argued that it is not necessary to have footrest when teaching kids ride a bike, it can be a disadvantage to our little riders as slow down the beginner’s progress. However, in my opinion, footrests are the cool way to get your child in the habit of placing their feet where pedals are located on regular bikes! Moreover, why not let riders rest their feet on a long glide with this convenient feature? Most of balance bikes I’ve seen don’t have footrests, but doesn’t mean it is useless. So, as I always say, you should choose the bike that fits your child: if it has footrests, awesome! If it doesn’t, then that is great too. I’m sure that with the KaZAM Balance Bike having patented unique footrest, it won’t be long before your child has the confidence to hop his/her regular bike and take off without training wheels.
2. “LESS IS MORE” DESIGN
Classy is exactly what this balance bike looks like. Patented footrest, pneumatic tires and ergonomic handlebars – the unique design that close to vintage makes it an all-time love for most parents and kids.
3. ADJUSTABLE SEAT AND CHROME HANDLEBARS
Adjustable seat and chrome handlebar that can adjust from 14 to 17.5 inches and 18.75 to 22.5 inches respectively ensure that the KaZAM Balance Bike can be adjusted to fit the child according to his/her own body size. This also provides any child the most comfortable position to learn how to ride and also enjoy all the joyful moments in the process.
4. RUBBER TIRES
I think this is a nice feature as rubber ensures good grip on the surface. Also, the bolts on the tires are well-covered with rubber to ensure maximum safety, even when your kid falls with this bike the metallic bolts will not hurt them.
My Strider bike weighs about 6.6lbs, whilst the KaZAM is about 11lbs. For kids starting out young (below 3 years old), the KaZam’s weight may not be easy to manage. Therefore, this balance bike is categorized into a medium range 12″ bike and is good for kids turning age 3 or older.
Personally, I don’t think it is the downside of KaZAM balance bike. The heavy weight turns out is a good point because you don’t have to worry about buying a new bike for your growing child for some time.
- This bike can grow along with your child thanks to adjustable seats and handles.
- Comfortable seat – my friend’s daughter didn’t show any signs of discomfort while racing around
- Available in an assortment of colors so your kid doesn’t have to settle for the nearest to the best
- Long lasting and a superior quality bike with a durable frame
- Patented footrest is the most attentive feature – kids can use the bike almost like a scooter and can rest their feet after a long run and glide
- Not really self balancing because kids tend to use the footrest to ride the bike
- The weight is somewhat heavier than others
- The speed of the bike is a bit slow even though this may be a pro for a few parents.
With top quality components and classy appear, the particular KaZAM Balance Bike is really enormously perfect for your beloved child. And do not hesitate to say “Yes!” to a bike with “step-in” patented footrest like KaZAM as it is a good way for kids to changeover to regular pedal bikes.
Check it out on Amazon now![/dt_button]